Urinary incontinence is an issue that is taken very seriously for obvious reasons. It is not something that you could take lightly and expect it to become okay without doing anything about it. You need to visit a good doctor and get yourself checked to be entirely sure, and they are the ones who will guide you through it and tell you about the next course of action. There are different types of urinary incontinence and those are stress incontinence and urge incontinence. Both have different symptoms that females face, and if the doctor suggests, then both have different treatments too.
Symptoms of urinary incontinence:
It is important to know about the symptoms in case it is the problem that you are facing so that you know what to expect.
- Some common signs that you can look for are leaking urine while you cough or sneeze.
- Feeling a very sudden urge to urinate that you can not control in any way.
- Waking up abruptly at night to urinate may ruin your sleep cycle as well.
Causes of urinary incontinence:
Causes of urinary incontinence in females are important to know about for you to avoid suffering from it yourself.
- Pregnancy and childbirth cause a lot of issues to a mother at some point, and this is one of them.
- You may also suffer from urinary incontinence during your menopause.
- Certain medications that you may be taking could be a cause for this. This is why it is really important to eat medicines that are prescribed by doctors only.